[AMBER] Restraint on Z-projection of a distance

From: Chitrak Gupta <chgupta.mix.wvu.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 14:44:53 -0400

Hi Amber users,

I am simulating a lipid-peptide system. To keep my peptide from interacting
with lipids in the periodic image, I want to apply a restraint on the
distance between a protein atom and a lipid atom. From what I understand,
the only way to apply such restraint is to use "NMR restraints".

Is there a way to apply the restraint only on the z-projection of the
distance? In principle, I am not concerned with the actual distance between
lipid and peptide, as long as the z-projection of the distance is below a
certain upper-bound.

Thanks in advance,
Chitrak.