Re: [AMBER] Why molecular dynamics simulation was stopped without giving any error

From: David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 09:36:02 -0400

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017, Garima Singh wrote:

> I am using amber 14 for simulation.Why molecular dynamics simulation was
> stopped without giving any error?
>
> Estimated time remaining: 167.1 hours.

This is a *very* long time for a single run. Are you sure there was no
hardware problem, or queue time limit, or anything else happening. For most
people a general practice is to split long MD runs into smaller segments (say
24 hours or so), then chain them together using a shell script. That way
you generally never lose more than 1 day of work when problems arise.

....dac