[AMBER] Error Importing pytraj to Python 2.7 Program

From: Samuel Bowerman <sbowerma.hawk.iit.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 16:20:40 -0500

Hello Amber community,

I have put together a little python script to play with the "pytraj" module
for pipelining some data processing. However, if I try to import the
pytraj module, then I am met with the following error:

RuntimeError("need to have cpptraj version >= v4.2.7")

I don't really know why I'm getting this error because calling "cpptraj
--version" shows that v16.6 is the default cpptraj in my path. I have also
confirmed that my python version matches that used by the AmberTools
installation (v2.7). Are there any ideas what the source of this error may
be and how to resolve it? In theory, I suppose I could silence the error
check and hope for the best, but I'd like to avoid that if at all possible,
since it is likely there for a very good reason! Thanks in advance for any
assistance!

Take care,
Samuel Bowerman
Ph.D. Candidate