Re: [AMBER] timerge question

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 14:33:10 -0400

Thanks for the report. The tiMerge unit test case is too small to catch
performance regressions. I found the culprit and the performance should
now be back to its Amber14 levels (perhaps *slightly* faster).

The offending changes resulted in injecting a very expensive operation into
an inner loop (although the fact that it was expensive was very
non-obvious). Luckily, it was trivial to simply move that operation
outside the loops. Knowing that the regression was introduced between
Amber 14 and Amber 16 made it very easy to track down, so thanks Hannes for
that tidbit. The pull request on GitHub is here:
https://github.com/ParmEd/ParmEd/pull/851 and I will pull this into the
upcoming Amber 17 release (since tiMerge really is unusable as-is).

Thanks,
Jason

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 5:38 AM, Hannes Loeffler <Hannes.Loeffler.stfc.ac.uk