Re: [AMBER] timerge question

From: Daniel Mermelstein <danmermelstein35.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 15:47:31 -0700

Hi Adrian,

I have one VERY ROUGH data point: I merged two copies of a 4300 atom
protein, and it took about a week. I don't know exactly how long because I
forgot it was still running...I also know an undergrad working for me tried
to run the sidechain timerge tutorial and gave up after a couple days, in
case that's useful

Dan

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 7:48 AM, Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.ufl.edu> wrote:

> Dear all
>
> We are having trouble using the timerge function in parmed.
>
> In particular, if we try to follow the tutorials A9 for a change in side
> chain, the system hangs for a long time.
>
> We are testing some smaller systems, and it seems that the scaling with
> system size is really bad.
>
> Can someone give us some idea abou how long one might expect the timerge
> to take vs system size ?
>
> thanks
>
> adrian
>

> --
> Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
> University of Florida Research Foundation Professor.
> Department of Chemistry
> University of Florida
> roitberg.ufl.edu
> 352-392-6972