Re: [AMBER] How to use MCPB.py to generate OH parameters

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 16:09:38 -0500

Hi Alice,

I think the OH bond was missing in your mol2 file for the OH- group, causing O and H were not bonded.

The way to generate the OH- group could be:
(1) Add hydrogen to the oxygen atom as doing in the MCPB.py tutorial: “tleap -s -f wat_tleap.in > wat_tleap.out”, and then delete one of the hydrogen atoms in the PDB file.
(2) Named the PDB file as MOH.pdb, and inside the PDB file rename the residue to something like “MOH” (you can do these things manually by editing the file) to differentiate it from the normal water (which uses “WAT” or “HOH” as its oxygen name)
(3) Use antechamber to generate a MOH.mol2 file by doing:
antechamber -fi pdb -fo mol2 -i MOH.pdb -o MOH.mol2 -at amber -c bcc -pf y -nc -1 -rn MOH
It will gives you a MOH.mol2 file which has OH- group in it.

If you are new to AMBER, I strongly suggest you to read the LEaP tutorial: http://ambermd.org/tutorials/pengfei/ <http://ambermd.org/tutorials/pengfei/> to understand the logics behind it, which could be helpful for your AMBER modeling.

Kind regards,
Pengfei