[AMBER] Discrepancy between gaff.dat and leaprc.gaff hybridization

From: Maral Aminpour <aminpour.ualberta.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 14:17:52 -0600

Hello,

1. I am making a non-standard residue. I used RED software to get the charges and unknown parameters (the mol2 file is attached). Since I can not find the parameters that I needed from parm99.dat, I want to give hybrid gaff and parm99.dat a try. I attached the figure of the non-standard residue to this post. The non-standard residue is an azide group attached to ALA residue.

2. We have three N with two double bonds and sp hybridization.

I checked the gaff.dat file and I chose (n1 14.01 0.530 Sp N) for my nitrogens. I added
addAtomTypes {
> { "n1" "N" "sp” }
to my leaprc.q4mdfft script attached here as .

3. But when I try to make the lib file, the hybridization changed to sp2 because all the carbon types in leaprc.gaff are sp2 and it gave me this error: atom type n1 - unknown hybridization sp.

Why there is discrepancy between gaff.dat and leaprc.gaff hybridization of different atomtypes? How can I fix it?

I appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Maral