Re: [AMBER] How to make rst file by using ptraj

From: David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2017 15:51:02 -0500

On Sat, Mar 04, 2017, Vishal Nemaysh wrote:

> Can any one help me for generating the .rst from a specific time point by
> using ptraj. please kindly tell me the command by which I can make this.

You can't do this completely, since there is velocity information in a
trajectory file. Typical use case:

parm ....
trajin md1.nc 554 554 1 (to get coordinates from the 554th time point)
trajout md1.554.rst7 restart (to save those coordinates in a new file)
go

One would then typically use these coordinates, and reqest random velocities
at the temperature of interest, in order to restart a trajectory.

...hope this helps....dac