Re: [AMBER] Methods to count the different species

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 11:13:56 -0500

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 1:59 PM, Liyang Zhu <liyangzhu.lbl.gov> wrote:

> (1) can we output non-nativecontact explicitly as the native.dat ?

Yes, with the current GitHub version there are several new options for
saving non-native contact info:

[savenonnative [seriesnnout <file>] [nncontactpdb <file>]]

They work just like their 'native' equivalents.

> (2) why we need a reference frame?

The 'nativecontacts' command was originally intended to track
so-called "native" contacts, i.e. contacts that are present in some
reference structure (e.g. X-ray crystal etc), hence the need for a
reference.

> Following above question, may be I need the last frame as reference, so I
> trajout the lastframe.pdb, but it complaints not found the file. The
> following are the input and error information.
>
> trajin reimagedprod.mdcrd
> nativecontacts :MET.M1 :LIG.O1 byresidue resout res.dat out abc.dat distance 3.5 ref lastframe.pdb series seriesout native.dat
> Error: Reference 'lastframe.pdb' not found.
> Error: Could not initialize action [nativecontacts]

Did you previously load lastframe.pdb with a 'reference' command, e.g.

reference lastframe.pdb

> I also tried using refindex 2000, here 2000 is the number of last frame in
> .mdcrd file, but it still not works.

You need to use the reference command. To load the last frame in the
trajectory file as a reference:

reference reimagedprod.mdcrd lastframe

to load frame 2000 as a reference:

reference reimagedprod.mdcrd 2000