Re: [AMBER] MM energy contributions of atoms in a molecule

From: Bruno Falcone <brunofalcone.qo.fcen.uba.ar>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 11:43:33 -0300

Hi Jas,

I have done this in the past. It is quite cumbersome since it requires
many steps, so not sure if there is a more elegant "built in" method to
do so.

The way I have done it is as follows:

1. divide your molecule in residues where each residue corresponds to an
atom

2. re-build the parameter files, but make sure that the order of atoms
remains the same. Check that you can open the previous trajectory with
the new parameter file.

3. carry out the energy decomposition analysis, you will get the output
for each residue which now corresponds to each atom

Hope this helps!

Bruno