Re: [AMBER] Methods to count the different species

From: Liyang Zhu <liyangzhu.lbl.gov>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 10:59:53 -0800

Dear Roe,

Sorry for late reply. Recently I come back to this question, and tried your
suggestion. nativecontacts works fine, and it can count just one particular
frame which is I need, by using trajin XXX.pdb, instead of trajin
reimagedprod.mdcrd.

I have several minor questions want to known.

(1) can we output non-nativecontact explicitly as the native.dat ?
In my system, the nativecontact is 1 or 2 if use the first frame as
reference, and non-nativecontact will increase with frames, so I want a
detailed nonativecontact infomation like "series seriesout native.dat"
shown. And the output may be mess in this case, since the nonativecontact
is very large.

(2) why we need a reference frame?

Following above question, may be I need the last frame as reference, so I
trajout the lastframe.pdb, but it complaints not found the file. The
following are the input and error information.

trajin reimagedprod.mdcrd
nativecontacts :MET.M1 :LIG.O1 byresidue resout res.dat out abc.dat
distance 3.5 ref lastframe.pdb series seriesout native.dat

Error: Reference 'lastframe.pdb' not found.
Error: Could not initialize action [nativecontacts]

I also tried using refindex 2000, here 2000 is the number of last frame in
.mdcrd file, but it still not works.

Thanks a lot,
Liyang