Re: [AMBER] Alternatives to ambmask that might work with parmed/gromber generated .prmtop files?

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 14:38:50 -0500

Hi,

You can try using cpptraj to see what atoms are selected by certain
masks. The '-ms <mask>' command line flag will print atom numbers to
stdout, while '--mask <mask>' will print more details. Interactively,
the 'select' and 'atoms' command will do similar things. The GitHub
version also allows this output to be redirected to a file.

So you could use e.g.

cpptraj -p mytopology.parm7 --mask ':1-10'

to see what is selected by ':1-10'.

Hope this helps,

-Dan