Re: [AMBER] LeAP and FFs for Hybrid DNA/RNA structure

From: Kasprzak, Wojciech (NIH/NCI) [C] <"Kasprzak,>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 18:36:18 +0000

Dear Dr. Case,

Thank you for your answer about the FFs and DNA/RNA complexes. The bottom line is, I gather,
that I should use both RNA and DNA parameters and that, in principle they can be employed with GB-neck2
after proper PBradii are set.

I apologize for my delayed response. I did not have full access to all the data over the weekend.
I retested leap sessions in Amber 14 environment on two machines (separate campuses and administrators),
and they both yielded identical PDB and PRMTOP output after leaprc.ff14SB & leaprc.ff14SB AND leaprc.parmbsc0_chiOL4_ezOL1
were sourced (DNA chains have phosphate groups with P, O1P and O2P atom names and are capped by H5T & H3T, while
RNA chains use PDB 3.x standard).

One of our systems has Amber 16 installed and leap returns uniform atom names for DNA and RNA (P, OP1, OP2 and HO5'
and HO3' respectively) after leaprc.RNA.OL3 and leaprc.DNA.OL15 are sourced. Unfortunately I ran into
some criptic failure after the" addions mol Na+ 0" command and could not produce PRMTOP file for comparison with
the previously created Amber 14 equivalent. (I will have to resolve this issue with our scientific apps administrators,
since that was never a problem in the past.)

If anybody can offer comments or warnings about RNA/DNA simulations, I will appreciate it very much.

Best regards, Voytek Kasprzak

Wojciech (Voytek) Kasprzak (Contractor)
Analyst Programmer,
Basic Science Program,
Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc.
Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR)
Frederick, MD 21702
(301) 846 5537
http://binkley2.ncifcrf.gov/users/kasprzak