Re: [AMBER] Simulations with R_OF_GYRATION

From: Feng Pan <fpan3.ncsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 16:56:40 -0500

Hi, Roman

First, the NFE cannot be used for minimization (imin=1). However, always
the minimization will not change the system too much. So you can still
add the restraint when running equilibrium run.

If you are using pmemd.cuda, update your Amber16 with new patches. And also
download a ThirdParty patch here, apply it and recompile.
https://github.com/pfreezer/AmberPatch
You should add another &pmd section in you mdin file, check the updated
manual and the README in my patch. Basically you need
anchor_position = r1, r2, r3, r4
anchor_strength= k1, k2
to tell Amber the restraint

for the CV part, you are almost OK, but you should put it a separate file,
and cv_i can not be in the format 973:7377, you should
write all the atom ID explicitly, like 973, 974,... 7377. I know this is
boring and make the cv file too long but now this is only code can read. A
little scripting should
make this not too hard and also you may just account for the heavy atoms.
 cv_r is no use here, you can leave it.

Tell me if you still can not run it.

Best
Feng Pan