Re: [AMBER] Amber Energy Unit Meaning

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 07:40:45 -0500

Hi Eugene,

Yes Bill is correct. The energies in that table are those for a single structural snapshot and is the bond term in the following two equations:

It is thus merely the sum of kb(b-b0)^2 over all the bonds in the molecule. If all the bonds were at their equilibrium bond length this value would be zero. The differential of this for each bond would be the force due to the bond being stretched or compressed. It is unrelated to the energy needed to break a bond.

All the best
Ross