Re: [AMBER] Velocity file output AMBER16

From: Elvis Martis <elvis.martis.bcp.edu.in>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 04:00:55 +0000

Hi,
Have a look at this copied a part from AMBER16 manual
"Ntwv" Every ntwv steps, the velocities will be written to the mdvel file. If ntwv = 0, no velocity trajectory
file will be written. If ntwv = -1, velocities will be written to mdcrd, which then becomes a combined
coordinate/velocity trajectory file, at the interval defined by ntwx. This option is available only for
binary NetCDF output (ioutfm = 1). Most users will have no need for a velocity trajectory file and so
can safely leave ntwv at the default. Default = 0. Note that dumping velocities frequently, like forces
or coordinates, will introduce potentially significant I/O and communication overhead, hurting both
performance and parallel scaling.

    Best Regards

Elvis Martis
Ph.D. Student (Computational Chemistry)
 at Bombay College of Pharmacy

A  Kalina, Santacruz [E], Mumbai 400098, INDIA
W www.elvismartis.in
Skype. adrian_elvis12