Re: [AMBER] Obtain dynamical matrix away from equilibrium

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.ufl.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 13:10:48 -0500

You do not need to minimize in nab.

Just read the structure, and compute the normal modes without the
minimization step.

Now, I am not sure how nab reports the imaginary frequency modes, but it
should be easy to check.

adrian

On 2/9/17 1:00 PM, The Cromicus Productions wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm performing some non-equilibrium simulations and would like
> to obtain the instantaneous normal modes (diagonalizing the dynamical matrix
> at different configurations). Any idea of how to do this?
> Using normal mode analysis (as in nab) is out of question because
> that pulls my configuration into the equilibrium during the minimization.
> Since now thanks for any clue you may provide me.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sebastian

Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
University of Florida Research Foundation Professor.
Department of Chemistry
University of Florida
roitberg.ufl.edu
352-392-6972