Re: [AMBER] Regarding forcefields for Z-DNA

From: Jiri Sponer <sponer.ncbr.muni.cz>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 12:13:55 +0100 (MET)

Unfortunately, the original question was so poorly formulated
that it was not fully understandable. OL15 is definitely the
best what is currently available for Z-DNA, though it is obviously
not flawless, due to the general force-field approximation.
Z-DNA is an intrisically strained structure, with quite tortured
backbone and very complex combination of dihedrals (from the point of view
of the electronic structure), thus a difficult goal for force fields.

Note that if an instability is seen in protein-NA complexes,
it can be due the prot-NA interface as well as strains in the
starting structure. For a general recipe see

Can We Execute Stable Microsecond-Scale Atomistic Simulations of
Protein-RNA Complexes?
By: Krepl, M.; Havrila, M.; Stadlbauer, P.; et al.
JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL THEORY AND COMPUTATION Volume: 11 Issue: 3
Pages: 1220-1243 Published: MAR 2015
and a follow up here:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/wrna.1405/full

Though it is for RNA-protein complexes, the experiecne should
be transferable also for DNA-protein complexes. There are 100+
things that may happen in protein-NA simulations, even when using
good atomistic experimental data as the start.

Best wishes, Jiri