Re: [AMBER] APR - atom selection

From: Andreas Tosstorff <andreas.tosstorff.cup.uni-muenchen.de>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 16:10:57 +0100

Thanks for your suggestion Daniel.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I need to make this selection when using
the zalign.py script from the APR tutorial.

When using :102.CA

The error I receive from the script is

" :102.CA"

So I think that while the script uses a similar Syntax to that from
Amber Mask it does not actually use Amber Mask.

My workaround so far was to rename the residues I want to select in the
input pdb file. E.g. LYS to LYX.

My input now looks like this:

python2 zalign.py -f pdb/input.pdb -a1 :ARX.HD2 -a2 :SEX.CB -a3 :SEX.HA
-a4 :LYX.HE3 -r 0 -i ../apr.in

Afterwards I reverse this in the resulting align_z.pdb output file.