Re: [AMBER] Peptide with non-standard residues

From: Andreas Tosstorff <andreas.tosstorff.cup.uni-muenchen.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 16:47:59 +0100

Dear David,

Thank you for your advice. I apologize for not posting the exact error
messages. Unfortunately copy paste does not seem to be working for me in
XLEAP. I'll try to describe in detail what I did:

download PCA.sdf from here: https://www3.rcsb.org/ligand/PCA

antechamber -at amber -i PCA.sdf -fi sdf -o PCA.mol2 -fo mol2 -c bcc -s 2

parmchk2 -i PCA.mol2 -f mol2 -o PCA.frcmod

xleap:

source leaprc.protein.ff14SB

loadamberparams PCA.frcmod

PCA=loadmol2 PCA.mol2

edit PCA: delete -OH from carboxyl group, change charge in C5 atom to
get an overall charge of +1

set PCA tail PCA.1.C5

PEP = sequence {PCA CHIS}

check PEP

"No bond parameter for: -

No bond parameter for: - N

No bond parameter for: -

No bond parameter for: -

Can't find angle parameter: - -

Can't find angle parameter: - -

Can't find angle parameter: - - N

Can't find angle parameter: - -

Can't find angle parameter: - N - H

Can't find angle parameter: - N - CX

Can't find angle parameter: - -

Can't find angle parameter: - -

Can't find angle parameter: - -

Can't find angle parameter: - - N

There are Missing parameters.

Unit is OK.

On 01/27/2017 03:39 PM, David Case wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2017, Andreas Tosstorff wrote:
>> I am trying to generate a peptide with three non standard residues: pGlu
>> (aka PCA) - His - Gly
>>
>> I tried generating tha parameter files for PCA in antechamber and then
>> load it into leap.
>>
>> I cannot save the parameter files of the resulting peptide, because
>> several bond, angle and torsion parameters are missing.
> *Which* parameters are missing? (Aside: my usual complaint: users seem
> very wary of posting exact error messages, but the details are often most
> important.)
>
> Did you run parmchk2, which will look for any missing parameters, and generate
> gueses? (This is relevant if the missing parameters involve only gaff atom
> types.)
>
> Or, are the missing parameters between Amber atom types (upper-case atom
> types) and gaff (lower-case atom types)? You may have to find the analogous
> Amber types and enter them by hand into a frcmod file. An alternative, which
> I would recommend for a modified amino acid where the modification is well
> out on the side chain: ask antechamber to use Amber atom types. You may still
> need to manually copy gaff parameters to the corresponding Amber atom types,
> but the backbone behavior will then follow that of the Amber force field you
> are using.
>
> ...good luck...dac

M.Sc. Andreas Tosstorff
Lehrstuhl für Pharmazeutische Technologie und Biopharmazie
Department Pharmazie
LMU München
Butenandtstr. 5-13 ( Haus B)
81377 München