Re: [AMBER] Give the correct charge to heme using antechamber

From: Elvis Martis <elvis.martis.bcp.edu.in>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 04:22:38 +0000

Hello,
Just to add to David's answer.
Manchester database already has two set of HEME parameters, one for all-atom and other for united atoms but I guess they are outdated.
There is an old post regarding this issue, http://archive.ambermd.org/201605/0267.html
Moreover, Cheatham et al have published "Quantum mechanically derived AMBER-compatible heme parameters for various states of the cytochrome P450 catalytic cycle J Comput Chem. 2012 Jan 15; 33(2): 119-133." which are good enough to be used with amber.
 If inhibitors are to be modeled (as 6th ligand, as is the case with azole type inhibitors), then you must tweak around little (manually possible to add entries to the heme frcmod and prepin files) to yield a combined frcmod and prepin files.

    Best Regards

Elvis Martis
Ph.D. Student (Computational Chemistry)
 at Bombay College of Pharmacy

A  Kalina, Santacruz [E], Mumbai 400098, INDIA
W www.elvismartis.in
Skype. adrian_elvis12