Re: [AMBER] distance restraints failed

From: Qinghua Liao <scorpio.liao.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 20:31:51 +0100

Dear David,

Thanks very much for your tips! This is a test case of restraining a
distance of 1.6 angstrom
between two water molecules (O--O). Yeah, I know that the restraints
have to fight against the
non-bonded interactions between the two waters.

For my real system, it is a Mg2+ in a TIP4Pew water box. And I want to
calculate the water exchange
rate using umbrella sampling for the Mg2+ model, following this paper:
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/ct3000734

The distance for Mg2+ -- OW (H2O) is around 2.09 angstrom, maybe it is
impossible to restrain the distance to be 1.6 angstrom,
as you mentioned.

I didn't try to build a structure with a distance of 1.6 angstrom, so I
don't know about the force field energy.

Thanks!

All the best,
Qinghua