Re: [AMBER] Installing Amber

From: Karla Galdamez <kgalda.berkeley.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 23:28:48 -0800

Hi Hai,

Thank you very much for this! It all configured well utilizing the
command: ./configure -macAccelerate clang

Subsequently, I followed the instructions recommended on the output screen
(copied below).
I, however, copied the commands below on the screen and did not 'add' to
startup file ( e.g. ~/.bashrc) because I do not know where the file has
been placed. Would you be able to tell me where I can go to modify start
up file? - Thank You!

Environment resource files are provided to set the proper environment
variables to use AMBER and AmberTools. This is required to run any Python
programs (like MMPBSA.py, ParmEd, MCPB.py, and pytraj)

If you use a Bourne shell (e.g., bash, sh, zsh, etc.), source the
/Users/karlagaldamez/amber16/amber.sh file in your shell. Consider adding
the line
  test -f /Users/karlagaldamez/amber16/amber.sh && source
/Users/karlagaldamez/amber16/amber.sh
to your startup file (e.g., ~/.bashrc)

If you use a C shell (e.g., csh, tcsh), source the
/Users/karlagaldamez/amber16/amber.csh file in your shell. Consider adding
the line
  test -f /Users/karlagaldamez/amber16/amber.csh && source
/Users/karlagaldamez/amber16/amber.csh
to your startup file (e.g., ~/.cshrc)

(You need to do the above before running 'make install')