Re: [AMBER] About constraints on QM system of QM/MM simulation

From: Goetz, Andreas <agoetz.sdsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 22:14:30 +0000

Hi Pengfei,

You can always add a bias (e.g. harmonic distance restraints) to any simulation, this also holds for QM/MM with mechanical and with electrostatic embedding. The text you refer to in the manual just points out that in mechanical embedding there is no direct effect of the embedding environment on the QM electron density through electronic polarization.

All the best,
Andy

Dr. Andreas W. Goetz
Assistant Project Scientist