Re: [AMBER] antechamber: why the net charge does not sum up to zero?

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 07:04:01 +0100

Dear Dr Case,

I just sent an email entitled:
Fwd: [AMBER-Developers] non-neutral ethane from antechamber
date: 03/02/2012 (10:13:37 CET)

I remember other emails were also sent to the amber mailing list
(might be about other errors?).
Anyway this email with Michael is one example:
This is about ethane and an error of +0.00200 was reported.

A rounding off error of 0.002 for a charge accuracy of +/-1.10-3 e
makes sense for ethane (this error might be corrected by adding
-1.10-3 on each of the chemically equivalent carbon atom; or not
corrected because this error is considered as neglectible).
An error of +0.00200 for a charge accuracy of 1.10-5 is more strange;
except if a charge accuracy of 1.10-3 was _in fact_ used and 2 zeros
are added to reach a 'pseudo' 1.10-5 accuracy? Anyway I do not think
an error of 200.10-5 is a rounding off error if a 1.10-5 charge
accuracy was used in the case of ethane.

regards, Francois

           F.-Y. Dupradeau
                 ---
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/FyD/