Re: [AMBER] cpptraj PCA of crystal structure

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 11:30:14 -0500

It makes no sense to do principal component analysis on a single
trajectory frame (there is no motion to analyze!). The coordinate
covariance matrix should be constructed from at least as many frames
as you have coordinates, otherwise you will have eigenvectors with
zero eigenvalues. Maybe you wanted to do normal mode analysis? In that
case you should use the 'nab' program. See the Amber16 manual for
details.

-Dan