[AMBER] ZINC PERMEATION PATHWAY

From: Fabian gmail <fabian.glaser.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 15:09:53 +0200

I am trying to find the permeation pathway of a Zinc+2 ion on a TM transporter, the Zinc is found in the crystal, but the SMD does not work properly, it does not move the ion, or it destroy the membrane protein system if I pull too hard. I have also done 500 ns of normal MD, the Zinc is so charged that I guess the force field electrostatic parameters don’t allow it to move from its initial stable position.

QUESTION:

Is there an alternative technique to learn about the permeatin pathway of a zinc+2 ion moves through the membrane in AMBER???

The initial position of the ion is known…

THanks!!!

Fabian

Fabian Glaser PhD
Head of the Structural Bioinformatics section
Bioinformatics Knowledge Unit - BKU
The Lorry I. Lokey Interdisciplinary Center for Life Sciences and Engineering
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel