Re: [AMBER] pmemd.cuda incomplete output file

From: Niel Henriksen <shireham.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 05:51:51 -0800

Hi Andreas,

Well that does seem like a volume change that could cause pmemd.cuda
problems, but I agree that you should see the error message if you are
running the command directly from your shell (I think it prints to stderr).

One troubleshooting idea: you could try writing the restart file frequently
(say every 250 or 500 steps). After the calculation stops, just continue
from the most recent restart file (as the error message I attached
indicates). If everything works out after a restart, I'd say it points
toward the volume change issue that pmemd.cuda can't handle. But if it
crashes again, then maybe there is some instability or steric problem in
your system that pmemd.cuda cannot handle. Another difference between pmemd
and pmemd.cuda is that the latter does not implement the vlimit keyword and
so things can blow up a little easier.

Also, what version of Amber are you running?

--Niel