Re: [AMBER] clustering doubt

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 10:49:19 -0500

The default output from ptraj (I forget the keyword) is almost the same as
what cpptraj 'info' prints out.

However, I agree with Hai that you should use cpptraj for a few reasons.
The principal one here is that 'cluster' in ptraj doesn't actually support
the 'nofit' keyword. In fact, ptraj will silently ignore any keyword it
doesn't understand, so in this case you're probably not getting the
behavior you expect.

Also, ptraj is no longer being actively developed. With a few exceptions,
input for cpptraj is the same as it was for ptraj (see the manual for full
details) and clustering in cpptraj is faster, so you should use cpptraj
unless you're using one of the clustering algorithms not supported by
cpptraj.

-Dan