Re: [AMBER] pka of CYS

From: Eric Lang <eric.lang.bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 07:33:05 +0000

Hi,
You just need to add CYS to the list of titrable residues (using the
resname flag for example) when you generate your cpin file with cpinutil.
Eric

On 12/12/2016 20:16, "Sowmya Indrakumar" <soemya.kemi.dtu.dk> wrote:

Dear All,
I am trying to calculate pka of CYS in a given protein at constph. I simply
keep the bonded CYX-CYX as non-bonded CYS-CYS and remove the conect record
from the PDB file before making the *.parm7 and *.rst7 files for MD.

I am following whats mentioned in the given link to calculate the Pka of
ASP,GLU and HIS : http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial18/section1.
htm at constph.

I did not come across any article which shows how to calculate pKa for CYS
residues. Kindly, suggest me on this.

Thanks
Sowmya