Re: [AMBER] GIST: nan (not a number) in unreferenced water-water energy of the grid

From: Bruno Falcone <brunofalcone.qo.fcen.uba.ar>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 14:27:54 -0300

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting back to me.

- these are calculations on another system

- solvent is TIP3P

- cpptraj version is 16.00

- 10000 frames

- the trajectory has been performed with the solute atoms restrained and
has been aligned prior to the gist calculation

- in this case I got nan in all voxels, but in other calculations I saw
nan in only some of them

- only the Eww has nan values

I checked the trajectories and I think I'm getting closer to finding out
what the problem may be. I used the NetCDF format for the trajectories
but I cannot visualize them with VMD. I converted them to pdb, and
cannot open them either. Inspecting the pdb file I can see that many of
the water coordinates have nan values in them. Perhaps the coordinate
numbers don't fit in the pdb columns so they appear as pdb? I converted
the frames to rst7 format and I also get nan in the coordinates.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
Bruno