Re: [AMBER] DIfferences between thermostats

From: Markowska <markowska.kar.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 19:54:16 +0100

> > Em 23 de nov de 2016, à(s) 05:14, Karolina Mitusińska (Markowska) <
> markowska.kar.gmail.com> escreveu:
> >
> > And what about the hydrophobic properties of amino acids? Does the
> > thermostat affect these properties?
>
> It should not. The hydrophobic properties are a function of the force
> field you use.
>
> Now, thinking about it again, you mentioned you are interested in the
> “flow” of water through the protein. In this case, depending on how you
> define “flow”, it is likely that the choice of thermostat will make little
> difference. Yes, the thermostats affect the dynamics of water molecules,
> but it in all directions, which could lead to a fortuitous cancellation of
> errors when you calculate the “net flow”.

Could you tell something more about how the thermostat could affect MD
results? And the "net flow"?
By "water flow" I mean something like - watching how water molecules travel
through the protein and which amino acids are involved into this process.
So could the thermostat change something here?

I like this discussion :)

Best regards!
Karolina