Re: [AMBER] DIfferences between thermostats

From: Geoffrey Gray <gmgray2.mail.usf.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 14:38:30 -0500

Depending on the properties you are interested in will determine your
thermostat. Both the Andersen and the Langevin thermostats sample canonical
distributions, so either will give correct structural configurations and
thermodynamic properties. However, time-dependent properties (such as
diffusion) are not correct, because the thermostats are stochastic and
include random fictitious collisions. If you are interested in transport
properties, such as diffusion coefficients, then a deterministic thermostat,
such as the Nose-Hoover, is recommended.

Hope this helps.