Re: [AMBER] TUTORIAL B5: Simulating the Green Fluorescent Protein -PREPGEN Error

From: Brent Krueger <kruegerb.hope.edu>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 09:31:59 -0500

Miles,

I'm afraid I can't help you with these prepgen issues, but I would like to
point out that AMBER now has built-in parameters for a number of
fluorescent protein chromophores. These include EGFP with the CRO
chromophore (and several other fluorescent proteins) that have Tyr and Gly
as the 2nd and 3rd residues and also EBFP with the CR2 chromophore, which
has Ser as the 1st residue. In AmberTools16 you can find the atoms types
for all of these in the xFPchromophores.lib file and modified force field
parameters in frcmod.xFPchromophores file. There is also a leaprc file
that loads these files and sets up some atom types.

The parameters for these xFPs were developed to be modular, so you may be
able to use these atoms types and the frcmod file directly in your
situation. The parameters are meant to work with ff14SB, but they utilize
some atom types from GAFF, which is why the leaprc file needs to do a
little bit more than just load the lib and frcmod files. You will need to
calculate charges for the atoms as these are unique for every situation.

Again, sorry I can't help with prepgen, but if you want any assistance with
atom types, etc. feel free to send me a note directly (off the amber
mailing list).

Cheers,
Brent