Re: [AMBER] ImportError: Could not import Amber Python modules

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 15:35:53 -0500

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016, Thakur, Abhishek wrote:

> When I did that it gave me an error

Lots of things are not getting communicated very well here. First, when
you say "I did that", *exactly* what did you type? (The amber.sh and
amber.csh scripts are not marked as executable, so if you just type the
filename, you should get something like "permission denied".)

> bash: /nethome/axt651/apps/amber14/amber.csh: line 15: syntax error: unexpected end of file

More things that we don't understand. You said earlier that you were using
the C shell, but the message above is from bash. Furthermore, amber.csh is
only 8 lines long ...

My best advice: re-run the configure script, and try to follow very closely
the instructions it gives at the end: if you are indeed running bash, you
would type this:

    source /nethome/axt651/apps/amber14/amber.sh

If you are really running the C-shell (this is actually very rare nowadays!),
type

   source /nethome/axt651/apps/amber14/amber.csh

Then proceed with the "make install" command.

...good luck...dac

[Aside: my $0.05 USD bet: there is no one under the age of 50 on
this list that uses a C-shell. So prove me wrong! Then read
http://www.perl.com/doc/FMTEYEWTK/versus/csh.whynot. Then, go ahead and change
all the Amber csh script to use /bin/sh ... :-) ]