Re: [AMBER] ATP Parameters for ff14SB

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 17:07:23 -0500

Others can give more specific advice on the cross-talk between the
different DNA models (i.e. BSC1) that have been produced most
recently--seek out someone from the Cheatham lab. In terms of deriving
parameters specifically for ATP, my feeling is that it'd be hard (highly
charged molecule, fairly big, with no obvious ways to cut it apart and yet
maintain the chemical character surrounding all of its flexible
components). Also remember that any parameters which are compatible with
ff99SB or other force fields taking the Cornell charge set will be expected
to be compatible with ff14SB.

Short of better advice from the Cheatham group, my suggestion would be to
take Richard Bryce's archived parameter set for ATP (he's also go lots of
other nucleotides):

http://research.bmh.manchester.ac.uk/bryce/amber

Dave