Re: [AMBER] Constraints

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 14:20:07 -0500

As mentioned, you can use restraints to approximate constraints, although
this will formally introduce some impact on any computed thermodynamic
properties. Also, the stronger your restraints are, the shorter you have
to make your timestep (the opposite of what you'd see if you actually used
true constraints).

Rigid body dynamics (excluding for <=3 atom molecules like water) is not an
easy problem. There is a script/input file for OpenMM that will implement
rigid body dynamics by treating all atoms as "virtual sites", I believe.
See
https://simtk.org/plugins/moinmoin/openmm/VirtualRepository#OpenMM_Code_Repository
(under "Rigid Bodies").

If restraints are good enough, then you can do that in a straightforward
way with Amber.

HTH,
Jason