Re: [AMBER] simulating with "gbsa=1" on gpu give only 0.18ns per/day

From: Hai Nguyen <nhai.qn.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 10:13:20 -0500

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 10:01 AM, Thakur, Abhishek <axt651.miami.edu> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> I am trying to do (GB/SA) calculation with intrinsic water model. In my
> simulation I also want to include surface area so I was planning to use
> "gbsa=1" .

As I am running on GPU I am getting only 0.18ns per day only, bust as soon
> I am removing "gbsa=1" I am getting decent speed of 10ns per day.
>

> So simulating while use "gbsa=1" seems to be impossible.
>
> Can anyone suggest me what should I do?
>

> This is my script
>
> imin=0,irest=1,ntx=5,
> nstlim=10000000,dt=0.001,
> ntf=2,ntc=2,ntb=0,
> igb=8,gbsa=1,cut=9999.0,rgbmax=15.0,
> ntpr=500, ntwx=500, ntwr=10000,
> saltcon=0.2,
> temp0=300.0,
> ntt=1,tautp=1.0,
> nscm=0,

Addition to what Adrian said, I have few comments about your input
- use dt=0.004 with hydrogen mass repartitioning. Please check manual for
this. You should get 40 ns /day.
- just use the default rgbmax ( = 30 if I remember correctly).

Hai