Re: [AMBER] Constraints

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 08:19:34 -0500

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016, Ol Sta wrote:

> I have a question regarding molecular constraints.
> What is the easiest way of constraining a molecule
> in a box of water solvent ?
>
> I would like to constrain all bonds, bends, and torsions,
> keeping the geometry fixed but let the molecule float
> around in the box.

Amber does not offer any easy way to do this sort of calculation. Generally,
Amber users would be likely to use restraints (setting ntr=1), and let the
water equilibrate around the solute. But we don't have any good way that I
know of to do rigid body dynamics. (I hope someone will chime in if I am
missing something here....)

...dac