Re: [AMBER] NPT equilibration at constant pH with protonation states allowed to change

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 12:39:05 -0500

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 12:31 PM, Eric Lang <eric.lang.bristol.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to run some explicit solvent pH-REMD simulations, and I just want to
> check if, after the heating phase, I can run a NPT equilibration at a
> constant pH with the protonation states allowed to change.

​NpT + REMD in Amber is not supported for any kind of REMD. Furthermore,
every replica *should* have exactly the same box size when doing REMD with
PBC. This is because the exchange criteria does not incorporate
volume/pressure contributions, as I believe would be required to correctly
sample from the desired distribution.

The proper procedure to use is to run a *single* replica until you get a
stabilized and sensible density, then build each replica from that starting
point using NVT the rest of the time.

HTH,