Re: [AMBER] CPPTRAJ cluster analysis: Segmentation fault (core dumped)

From: Samuel Bowerman <sbowerma.hawk.iit.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2016 08:23:31 -0600

Hi Michael,

A segmentation fault is typically indicative of insufficient memory for
conducting the analysis. Indeed, I see that your lower limit for memory
usage is greater than 8 GB, which can be significant for many machines.
The quickest way to solve this problem, in my experience, is to reduce the
frame rate of your processed trajectories. That is, instead of analyzing
every 2 ps of simulation, try analyzing every 20 ps. The loss of
information will depend on the correlation time for the hydrogen bond you
are appear to be analyzing, which is difficult to know without looking at
the timeseries of the data. Best of luck!

Take care,
Samuel Bowerman
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Physics