Re: [AMBER] Can we combine amber and gaff atom types?

From: Aditya G Rao <aditya.grao.mail.huji.ac.il>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 15:55:12 +0200

Hi David,

Thank you very much for the elaborate explanation! I followed your method
and created a model of the cysteine dipeptide. I assigned the ff14SB atom
types to the protein part (backbone and cysteine sidechain up to the
sulphur) and gaff2 atom types to the modified side chain part (tetrapyrrole
with ca 75 atoms). The charge on the unit is integral (-1).

The derivation of the parameters is the starting point for my thesis, so I
would like to get the best possible parameters.

But I had a query regarding the atom type assignment. Do I assign the
ff14SB atom types only to the cysteine part of the new non-standard residue
or should do it also for the tetrapyrrole as much as possible? For example,
there are methyl groups and propionate chains that already exist in ff14sb
so I could assign them as well.

After the assignment of the atom types, how do I go about solving the
problem of charge fitting and bonded parameter derivation, such that I get
parameters compatible with the ff14SB?

Thanks in advance!
Aditya