Re: [AMBER] problem with MMPBSApy in Amber 16

From: Marek Maly <marek.maly.ujep.cz>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2016 18:36:24 +0100

Thank you Ray,

According to Amber16 manual "exdi" is listed only as a
MMPBSApy parameter in "&pb namelist variables"
not in "&gb namelist variables".

So that is the reason why I did not use this parameter
in my gb calculation. Anyway pb calculation should work for
any value of external el. permitivity const. I guess.

Yes for this moment I need just vacuum energy terms so
I am OK with gb one because those should be the same
for gb and pb but later I will need also calculate
energies of systems containing "Dodecyltrimethylammonium bromide"
in water.

With serial version of MMPBSA (MMPBSA.py) there are identical problems
as with the parallel one.

I now installed apbs support to have possibility to use sander_apbs
with MMPBSA.py environment and it works !

But of course would be a good idea to solve this problem also in
default Amber PB solver.

Moreover there is that problem also for entropy calculation where
in the first place should be corrected xmin() procedure.

I will send you relevant prmtops/mdcrd files off-line so you can
reproduce reported errors and eventually fix it.

   Best wishes,

       Marek

http://www.opera.com/mail/