[AMBER] MCPB.py

From: Mahmood Jasim <ddfd09.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 19:21:36 +0100

Hi Amber users,

I have been trying to use MCPB.py to parameterise the coordinate of a
protein containing 2 zinc ions. I am using GAMESS for optimization, force
constant and electrostatic potential calculations. I managed to run the
first step of MCPB.py and get the input files for GAMESS. GAMESS
calculations were finished with the required log files
(group_small_opt.log, group_small_fc.log, group_large_mk.log) and all the
calculations finished normally. The second step of MCPB.py also was done OK
but when trying to run the third step for charge fitting, I started to have
problems. The main error message I am getting is this:

* *
*======================RESP Charge fitting=======================*
* *
***Generating the 1st stage resp charge fitting input file...
***Generating the 2nd stage resp charge fitting input file...
***Doing the RESP charge fiting...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/apps/amber16/bin/MCPB.py", line 600, in <module>
    premol2fs, mcresname, 1, chgfix_resids, g0x, lgchg)
  File "/apps/amber16/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mcpb/resp_fitting.py",
line 443, in resp_fitting
    get_esp_from_gms(mklogf, espf)
  File "/apps/amber16/lib/python2.7/site-packages/msmtmol/gmsio.py", line
222, in get_esp_from_gms
    for i in range(bln, eln+1):
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'eln' referenced before assignment

It just generates RESP input files and then quits.

Any advice please?

Regards,
Mahmood Jasim