[AMBER] replicating a box in all direction

From: Aseel Bala <balaahme.msu.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 14:47:48 -0400

Hi everyone,

I am trying to run a qm/mm simulation using sander and Gaussian. For one
frame, I center a particular molecule, define a cutoff and run sander. Then
I choose a different molecule in the same frame, center that one and rerun
the calculation.

I was having the problem that depending on how the molecule was oriented, my
cutoff radius for Gaussian was sometimes too large for the box.

To get around that, I would like to replicate the box along the periodic
boundaries in all directions (including diagonals) before I run sander and
cutoff the region of interest. That way, I am hoping to include all the
molecules I am interested in while still maintaining the cutoff distance.

My question is: Is there an easy way to replicate the box in all directions
including diagonals and output an inpcrd file as well as a new prmtop file
(I assume I will need a new prmtop file that has the replicated boxes to run
sander)?

If it helps, here is my input to sander:

Testing tutorial on website for QMMM with Gaussian

&cntrl

  imin=0,nstlim = 0, !do not run a minimization or MD run

  ntb=2, !constant pressure periodic boundary conditions

  ntf=2,ntc=2,

  cut=15.0, !8 ang classic bond cutoff

  ntp=1,

  ifqnt=1 !switch on QM/MM

&end

&qmmm

  qmmask='.16-30',

  qmcharge=0,

  qm_theory='EXTERN',

  qmcut=15.0,

  qm_ewald = 0 !Use a real-space cutoff for QM-QM and QM-MM long range
interactions.

&end

&gau

   method = 'B3LYP',