Re: [AMBER] Help with GIST analysis

From: Steven Ramsey <vpsramsey.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 13:13:26 -0400

Hi Sergio,

That's a nice way to use gistpp to eliminate high energy results.

Unfortunately removing these high energies from your analysis will not fix
the issue, all of the energetic values produced by GIST are performed using
a pairwise distance, when the system is realigned these distances are
compromised. Despite the other energies appearing to be normal it is hard
to have confidence in their accuracy. The best way to run GIST currently is
to use a restrained system as Jonathan suggested in the previous post. The
entropies you are calculating should work in a re-aligned system.

Hope this helps,

--Steve