Re: [AMBER] Correctly defining keywords in cpptraj - radial

From: Stregone <stregone.protonmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 08:19:36 -0400

Dear Daniel,
I had used > radial ra.rdf 0.1 15 :1.C:DBR volume , cause I did find it in that way in the following tutorial.
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial15/Tutorial2.xhtml
1) Create an input file ptraj.in
trajin <trajectory filename>
radial CH3CN_N1 .1 15.0 :ACN.N
Or that this mean that it will calculate the RDF for the mask :ACN.N to any molecule around ??

I did calculate the RDF as you suggested " :DBR :1 ", unfortunately. I got something quite strange
#Distance_(Ang) :1_=>_:DBR
0.050 16.195501
0.150 623.214620
0.250 67.203886
0.350 0.000000
0.450 0.000000
0.550 0.000000
0.650 0.000000
0.750 0.000000
0.850 0.000000
0.950 0.000000
1.050 0.262508
1.150 14.017840
1.250 11.949163
1.350 0.100573
1.450 0.000000
1.550 0.000000
1.650 0.002517
1.750 1.470818
1.850 8.345936
1.950 1.211908
2.050 0.002650

I assume that because I am studying a solvent, I must be more careful with the mask.
therefore I did try :1.C :DBR.C, which gave me more "natural" results.
#Distance_(Ang) :1.C_=>_:DBR.C
0.050 0.000000
3.050 0.000461
3.150 0.001295
3.250 0.014602
3.350 0.052300
3.450 0.118061
3.550 0.245445
3.650 0.398117
3.750 0.524928
3.850 0.666235
3.950 0.799607
4.050 0.907142
4.150 0.977638
4.250 1.113866
4.350 1.193206
4.450 1.281679
4.550 1.289289
4.650 1.300614
4.750 1.282509
4.850 1.303025
4.950 1.283609
5.050 1.300981
5.150 1.310073
5.250 1.299347
5.350 1.327120
5.450 1.339304
5.550 1.329311
5.650 1.266836
5.750 1.211623
5.850 1.177190
5.950 1.091241
6.050 1.051369
6.150 1.012472
6.250 0.977152
6.350 0.946619
6.450 0.900090
9.150 1.028306

Any advise that I should follow?
Also, how do I save the average density of the calculations ?
cpptraj -i x
run
write density1 ????

Thanks in advance