Re: [AMBER] QM/MM MD with Amber-Gaussian interface

From: Dr. Andreas W. Goetz <agoetz.sdsc.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 12:55:59 -0700

Dear Monsurat,

As the error message indicates, the QM calculation with Gaussian failed. Did you run the test suite? Do the QM/MM tests for Gaussian pass?

There should be a log file called gau_job.log that contains the output from the Gaussian run. Have a look at this file, it should provide information why the job failed (e.g. SCF did not converge etc). Your job could fail for a variety of reasons, for instance SCF failure is not uncommon if the structure in your QM region is very distorted.

All the best,
Andy

Dr. Andreas W. Goetz
Assistant Project Scientist