Re: [AMBER] update the reference structure along trajectory

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 09:30:31 -0400

Hi,

No - as mentioned in the manual the only action command in which
distance-based masks update on a per-frame basis is the 'mask' command
- everything else uses the active reference structure. This is because
with a distance based mask you often have a changing number of atoms
selected each frame, which can make bookkeeping a nightmare.

What you probably want to do instead is use the 'closest' command so
that a certain fixed number of molecules is kept around your area of
interest prior to LIE. You can get an idea of how many waters to keep
with the 'watershell' command. See the manual for full details on
these commands.

Hope this helps,

-Dan