Re: [AMBER] Best practice for charmm to AMBER conversion with HEME group

From: Korey M Reid <koreyr.unr.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2016 23:09:42 +0000

Thank you David,

I have yet to check the energies in both but did use checkValidity in Parmed and my input to chamber:

> chamber -top top_all36_prot.rtf -param par_all36_prot.prm -toppar toppar_water_ions.str -toppar toppar_all36_prot_heme.str -psf ../split.trial/step6-neutralized.psf -crd ../split.trial/step6-neutralized.crd -box 81.20309,81.20309,81.20309

I have also read in the toppar_water_ions.str and toppar_all36_prot_heme.str using the -str flag and it gives the same result below.

the output:

Creating chamber topology file from PSF ../split.trial/step6-neutralized.psf, RTF files [top_all36_prot.rtf], PAR files [par_all36_prot.prm], and STR files [toppar_water_ions.str, toppar_all36_prot_heme.str]. Coords from ../split.trial/step6-neutralized.crd. Using CMAP. Box info [81.20309, 81.20309, 81.20309, 90.0, 90.0, 90.0]. GB Radius set mbondi.
CharmmWarning: Detected PSF molecule section that is WRONG. Resetting molecularity.
> checkValidity
Determining validity of prmtop
9 total warnings

ParmWarning: Unexpected type for %FLAG ANGLE_FORCE_CONSTANT: expected float, but
             got int

ParmWarning: Unexpected type for %FLAG DIHEDRAL_FORCE_CONSTANT: expected float,
             but got int

ParmWarning: Unexpected type for %FLAG DIHEDRAL_PERIODICITY: expected float, but
             got int

ParmWarning: Unexpected type for %FLAG SOLTY: expected float, but got int

ParmWarning: Unexpected type for %FLAG JOIN_ARRAY: expected int, but got float

ParmWarning: Unexpected type for %FLAG IROTAT: expected int, but got float

ParmWarning: Unexpected type for %FLAG BOX_DIMENSIONS: expected float, but got
             int

NonUniversalWarning: Modified off-diagonal LJ parameters detected

MissingDisulfide: Detected two cysteine residues whose sulfur atoms are within 3
                  Angstroms. Rename CYS to CYX in the PDB file and use the
                  'bond' command in tleap to create the disulfide bond

These warnings I am not competent yet to investigate and the last confuses me to no end seeing that the closes 2 cystines (and only cystines) are at least 27Ang apart....

What is happening to cause this? Is my input improper?

Thank you for the help!

Best wishes,
Korey